How to Restore an XEP Core Wallet from a backed up wallets folder
If you have a backed up wallets folder, you can use this method below to replace a current wallets folder. You need to have the XEP Core Wallet downloaded first, installed, and ran at least once.
The instructions below are to accomplish these steps.
NOTE During this process NEVER do the following:
- Give your wallet.dat to anyone. I mean ANYONE.
- Opening your wallet data file and trying to edit it or view it, may corrupt it. Do not edit this file. Only move, copy, and paste the file.
- Create backups of backups in different locations (USB stick, computer, different hard drive, etc)
Follow These Steps
- Click on the link HERE to find the appropriate method to find your XEP folder.
- Inside the XEP folder, you will have the wallets folder that needs to be replaced with your backed up copy.
- Make sure XEP Core Wallet is fully closed, then replace the wallets folder. If you have another wallet with coins you want to use, you can merge the two folders.
- Restart the XEP Core Wallet and allow a full sync to see any coins if you had them in the previous wallets.