What is the XEP Core Wallet?
The XEP Core Wallet is a GUI (Graphical User Interface) version of the headless or daemon wallet. The headless wallet is all command line based. The XEP Core Wallet gives users a way to easily store and transfer Crypto. Currently, the XEP Core wallet is the most widely used wallet at this time to store XEP. You can learn more about XEP Core by viewing this link QT. The XEP Core wallet uses majority to all commands the headless wallet uses. As crypto is to become more widely used and accepted, this method helps every day users and non-tech savvy users to be able to store and trade crypto. Though, there is still a small learning curve with the XEP Core program, once you learn how to use the XEP Core wallet, most other crypto currency wallets that are coins not tokens, will be easy to use as most commands are very identical.
This folder contains your wallets folder, xep.conf, and your copy of the blockchain your wallet downloaded.
To locate the folder, you can navigate to the location, C:/Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/AppData/Roaming/XEP or follow these steps:
- Open Run by pressing the Windows Key on the keyboard and the letter r together at the same time
- Type in the Run box: %APPDATA%
- Then press Enter and if done correctly, will take you to your XEP folder.
To locate the folder, you can navigate to the location ~/Library/Application Support/XEP or do the following:
- Click desktop and click on Go to folder or press Shift ⇧ + Command ⌘ + G
- Type ~/Library/Application Support/XEP and then click on Go
To locate the folder, you can navigate to the location ~/.xep – Folder is hidden by system default – or do the following:
- Open up terminal and type cd ~/.xep
- Or open it up in the file browser, pressing Shift ⇧ + h to view hidden files and folders
To backup your wallet, you have a number of options:
- On Windows, Mac, and Linux go to File — Backup Wallet
- Export your private keys for each address or dump the wallet